Group Helper - Welcome and Set-up Volunteer
Posted for Gosport Partners Through PainBack to Search Results Register your Interest
Gosport Partners Through Pain are looking for friendly, enthusiastic people to join them as Welcome and Session Set-up Volunteers.
Gosport Partners Through Pain is a voluntary non-profit making group for sufferers of chronic pain symptoms as a result of illness such as fibromyalgia or M.E. Sufferers can often feel isolated and depressed which is exactly why Gosport Partners Through Pain is so important.
The group has 25 members and continues to grow. The aim of the group is for members to provide each other with support through regular meetings where experiences, views and beneficial ideals are shared in an informal, friendly environment. The group also have talks by invited speakers, regular lunches and hope to resume occasional outings in the future.
Gosport Partners Through Pain meet once a month at Christ Church Community Hall. Sessions take place on the last Wednesday of the month between 10 am and 12 noon.
As restrictions ease, Gosport Partners Through Pain, have been able to re-start their monthly meetings and are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to welcome group members as they arrive and assist with the set up/pack down of the community hall in a Covid-safe manner.
- Set-up the community hall prior to group members arriving. This will include setting out of light-weight tables and chairs, ensuring windows and doors are opened for good ventilation
- Wipe down tables and chairs (PPE and cleaning materials will be provided)
- Welcome group members upon arrival to the community hall and provide them with access to hand sanitiser and face masks if required.
- Wiping down light-weight tables and chairs and packing them away when the session has ended.
Volunteers are very welcome to get involved in the group sessions and attend outings and lunches.
*Partners Through Pain run support groups in Gosport and Fareham (this opportunity is based in Gosport)
- Friendly and welcoming
- Enjoys meeting and talking to people
- Organised and good time-keeping
- DBS check required
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for Under 18's
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 05/08/2021
End Date: 12/08/2022
We meet once monthly (the last Wednesday of the month) at Christ Church Community Hall - this role would be from 9.40 until approx. 12.30 pm, although volunteers do not have to stay for the session and could return just before midday to pack down.
This opportunity has no specific location.