Volunteer Couples for Explore
Posted for Explore RelationshipsBack to Search Results Register your Interest
Explore is a charity that facilitates youth-led healthy relationship sessions to 14-17 year olds in schools and other settings where we help them discuss, evaluate and explore what a long-term, healthy relationship looks like. We apply the principle of learning by experience, where young people lead their own open dialogue to investigate the relationships of ordinary couples who, in response, offer experiences from their own relationships.
We are looking for all types of married and long term couples to volunteer to use their experiences to support our sessions in the Hampshire area. As a volunteer couple, you will spend time together with groups of around 30 young people in classrooms where you will answer their questions about experiences within your own relationship. We are not seeking the "perfect couple" - in fact, you may be on a second or third marriage, or have faced and overcome significant challenges together. We have found that young people respond best to couples who are prepared to share what they have learnt, are open, honest and, most importantly, authentic.
· You will be fully briefed and inducted, but not trained, as we want couples to speak from the heart about their own experience
· All Explore volunteers are required to complete a full DBS check
· You will need to be patient, a good listener, articulate, able to be open, honest and vulnerable, and have a good sense of humour
· You will be able to relate to, and engage with, young people
School dependent, sometimes yes.
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for Under 18's
- Training provided
Guidance only as we prefer our couples to be authentic
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Our couples can volunteer as little or as much as they like, we are highly flexible. An example commitment could be one school for a couple of hour sessions on a monthly basis.
This opportunity has no specific location.