Posted for Loud & Proud (GVA) - Volunteering Group for 16-25 Year OldsBack to Search Results Register your Interest
and Proud are seeking a Treasurer to join their Board of Trustees
Loud and Proud is a group of 16–25 year olds who have been volunteering for 10 years in and around the Gosport area.
Their Mission? To support and help out at local community events and civic functions, organise inter-generational activities and fundraise for good causes. Highly enthusiastic, they build their own self-confidence, develop skills for their CVs and create ongoing relationships with the people they support. Loud and Proud members are provided with plenty of opportunities for training and, as a result, several members have gone on to secure employment and still give their time to support events.
Loud and Proud is currently part of Gosport Voluntary Action (GVA) but will be an independent Charitable Incorporated Organisation by the end of 2021. The Treasurer will have a key role in working towards the transition, supported by GVA.
The Treasurer will be responsible for general financial oversight as well as financial planning and reporting.
General financial oversight:
· Oversee and present budgets and accounts
· Record income and expenditure
· Ensure that proper accounting procedures and controls are in place
· Ensure compliance with relevant legislation
· As part of the Board of Trustees ensure the accounts meet with the conditions of funders
Financial Planning and Reporting:
· Present financial reports to the Board of Trustees
· Make accounts available for verification at the appropriate time
· Present the accounts at the Annual General meeting
NB: Support and training will be available for this role
· Experience of financial control and budgeting (essential)
· Finance / accountancy or book keeping experience
· IT skills
· Honest and reliable
· Good communication skills
· Ability to prioritise and meet key dates / deadlines
· Proactive approach to decision making and follow up
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Suitable for Under 18's
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 11/08/2021
End Date: 11/08/2022
The Treasurer will be required at Trustee meetings and the Annual General Meeting. They will also need to liaise with the Fundraiser at mutually agreed times. The duties above will be carried out at times suitable to the incumbent.
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.