Posted for Gosport Heritage Open Days (GHODs)Back to Search Results Register your Interest
Gosport Heritage Open Days (GHODs) celebrates England's fantastic architecture and culture by offering free access to a wide range of tours, events and activities that bring local history and culture to life each September.
We are looking for a Treasurer to join our Management Team. The Treasurer role is an Officer position on the GHODs Management Team. The overall role will be to maintain an overview of GHOD’s financial affairs, ensuring its viability and ensuring that proper financial records and procedures are maintained in accordance with our Constitution and Financial Policy.
The Treasurer is responsible for general financial oversight as well as financial planning and reporting.
General Financial Oversight:
- To oversee and present budgets, accounts and financial statements.
- To liaise with designated people about financial matters.
- To ensure that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place.
- To ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
- To ensure any recommendations of the verification body are communicated to the Management Team and that any approved changes are implemented.
- To ensure accounts meet the conditions of contractual agreements with external organisations such as funders.
Financial Planning and Reporting:
- To present financial reports to the Management Team.
- To make accounts available for verification at the appropriate time.
- To make a presentation of the accounts at the annual general meeting (AGM).
- To advise on the financial implications of GHOD’s strategic and operational plans.
- To advise on the fundraising strategy of GHOD’s and be across funding bids.
- To identify suitable funding sources and prepare, in co-ordination with The Chair, appropriate funding bids
- Experience of financial control and budgeting
- Experience of writing funding bids (desirable)
- Honest and reliable
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to ensure decisions are taken and followed-up.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for Under 18's
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 01/02/2021
End Date: 31/01/2022
It is anticipated that following start-up/familiarisation, the normal time commitment will need to be between 2-4 hours per month but this may vary with the time of year and the schedule of any ongoing projects. Additionally, the Treasurer will be asked to attend, or feed a report into, the monthly committee meetings (2 hours, currently via video conference). In the first instance, the incoming Treasurer may shadow a team member to familiarise themselves with the work and the organisational structure. Due to the current Coronavirus advice, currently this will be via video conference or phone, whichever you prefer.
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.