Posted for ChrysalisBack to Search Results Register your Interest
Chrysalis are a charity supporting transgender and questioning people, their families and close friends.
We are looking for volunteers to join our team to support a facilitator with running a Support Group.
Hours will be dependent on which meetings you are supporting with:
Wellbeing: One or two evenings each month (different times and evenings in different areas)
Trans+ & Questioning: Two evenings per month from 6pm to 9:30pm (different evenings in different areas)
Partners meetings: One evening per month from 7:30pm to 9:30pm (different evenings in different areas)
Parents meetings: One evening per month from 7:30pm to 9:30pm (different evenings in different areas)
You will also need to be able to undertake initial and ongoing training, and, may be asked from time to time to help out further with other work the facilitator is doing.
Responsible to: Facilitator, also working under Volunteer Coordinator and Member Support Coordinator
Support volunteer tasks and responsibilities:-
- Supporting the facilitator with the safe running of the meeting
- Helping the facilitator with keeping the meetings within Chrysalis Guidelines
- Taking orders from facilitator in an emergency (following Chrysalis Crisis Management Plan). If necessary, call the emergency services.
- Being in contact regularly with the office
- Training will be provided to enable all volunteers to carry out the role in accordance with Chrysalis workflows.
Person qualities and skills
- Empathic and be willing to gain an understanding of transgender+ issues
- Listening or counselling skills are an advantage, but empathy and positive regard are the most important qualities
- Embrace equality and diversity ethos and the principles of Chrysalis.
- Good communication skills are essential
- Ability to travel – own vehicle or good public transport links
- Access to broadband and IT equipment
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for Under 18's
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 27/10/2020
End Date: 24/10/2021
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.