Home-Start Family Support Volunteer Havant Area
Posted for Home-Start HampshireBack to Search Results Register your Interest
You can make a difference to a family in your community...
Home-Start Hampshire are looking for people with real parenting experience to make a real difference to families who are struggling to cope - we need Family Support volunteers!
Home-Start volunteers give a high level of commitment and reliability and in return, receive high quality preparation and on-going training, supervision and support from the Home-Start Co-ordinator(s).
The role is time flexible, but we ask volunteers to commit to a minimum of 2 or 3 hours per week.
What do Home-Start Family Support Volunteers do?
In this role you would be helping support families overcome particular difficulties and generally help support them in the best way you can. They accept the family as it is. Volunteers will give themselves, their insight, the benefit of their experience, and most importantly their time.
- Visit families in their own homes, where the dignity and identity of each individual can be respected and protected.
- Reassuring families that difficulties in bringing up children are not unusual.
- Emphasising the positive aspects of family life.
With your help, parents can gain the confidence to manage on their own and give their children the best possible start in life.
Please note that the preparation and training course for Family Support volunteers are held 2 or 3 times per year and attendance of this course mandatory for doing this role.
The next training for volunteers starts on the 15th September, 2021
A DBS check is required for this role and the volunteer must be aged 18 or over.
- People of all ages and backgrounds who have parenting skills.
- Caring nature.
- Flexible availability.
- Ability to listen and understand the need for confidentiality.
- To make a commitment to both the scheme and the families you regularly visit as a volunteer.
- DBS check required
A DBS check is necessary for this role.
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for Under 18's
- Training provided
A full preparation training course, 1 day a week over 6 weeks.(in school hours)
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
The role is time-flexible and you would be required for a minimum of 2 or 3 hours per week.
This opportunity has no specific location.