Hampshire Youth Project
Posted for Enable AbilityBack to Search Results Register your Interest
Our Hampshire Youth Project runs on Saturday afternoons, and enables young people with physical and/or mild - moderate learning disabilities aged 13-25 years to have a social life, like their peers, without their parents and carers. Through our activities programme we aim to build on young people\'s confidence, self-esteem, independence and social skills. Volunteers support, befriend and encourage the young people by taking a full and active part in the activities. Example of activities include:- Flip Out, Skiing, cinema trips plus supporting the young people on volunteering and work experience opportunities.
Activities are all done in group sessions so it's fun and sociable.
- You will need a calm and patient manner
- Reliable, enthusiastic and motivated
- Happy to undertake an enhanced DBS check (previously known as CRB check)
- Willing to help others and get involved
- A flexible approach to your volunteering to support the needs of the organisation
- You will need to be responsible and professional when regarding the safety and welfare of young people.
Time commitments are flexible but ideally we would like a commitment of 2-3 hours each week for a minimum of 3 months. You can volunteer for longer of course, and obviously the longer you do the more you and the young people will benefit.
Please note: Hampshire Youth Project runs on Saturday afternoons year round.
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for Under 18's
Volunteers must be aged 18 or above
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Hampshire Youth Project usually runs on Saturday afternoon.
This opportunity has no specific location.