Gosport Support Group Volunteer
Posted for Simon Says Child bereavement SupportBack to Search Results Register your Interest
Simon Says Child Bereavement Support are looking for Support Group volunteers who could help us deliver support for bereaved children, up to the age of 18 at our monthly support groups.
Our support groups provide the opportunity for those to spend time with others who have had similar experiences.
Groups are themed and activities/group work sessions are visited by bereavement volunteers who should ideally have some experience of working with vulnerable groups.
N.B: Volunteers must be aged 18 or over and a DBS check is required for this role. You would be working in the Gosport area.
We are looking for someone who could help with our Saturday afternoon group meetings, which take place in the Gosport area from 1.30pm - 4.30pm.
Commitment: Part-time (one Saturday per month 1.30pm – 4.30pm)
- Experience of working with children or vulnerable groups is beneficial but not essential. There is also an opportunity to get involved with the planning of each session if you have the interest and experience.
- Empathy and understanding of children who have lost someone close to them.
- Kind, friendly and caring nature.
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Suitable for Under 18's
Volunteer should be aged 18 or over.
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
You may require access to a car to get to our support groups as not all are located on or near public transport. Time required: Saturday afternoons.