General Volunteer Helpers
Posted for Gosport & District Sports Association For The DisabledBack to Search Results Register your Interest
Gosport & District Sports Association for the Disabled (GADSAD) are looking for general helpers to help at our fun and sociable club which meet every Friday evening from 7.30pm to 9.30pm at the GADSAD Centre, 175 Elson Road, Gosport, PO12 4AB.
The types of task that may be included in the role would be:
- To help on a Friday evening setting up games for members, which would involve setting out equipment and recording scores for each member
- Assisting at fundraising and awareness raising events, e.g. by setting out or manning a stall, or by coming up with your own ideas for fundraising
- Driving the club minibus (only if over 25 with a D1 Category Driving Licence). N.B: Please note there is a separate opportunity for this role.
Volunteers are asked to spare 2 and a half to 3 hours to help with the running of games for the members from 7pm - 9.30pm. This includes setting out and clearing up.
- Enthusiasm and a friendly outgoing nature.
- Team work
- Listening and communication
- Interpersonal skills
- Practical skills.
- Good organisational skills would be an advantage.
- DBS check required
DBS check is required.
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Unfortunately, we are unable to pay expenses.
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for Under 18's
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteers covered by insurance
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 08/04/2014
End Date: 14/05/2022
Friday evenings from 7-9.30pm and on occasional fundraising events. Volunteers are asked to spare 2 and a half to 3 hours to help with the running of games for the members from 7pm - 9.30pm. This includes setting out and clearing up.
175 Elson Road