Posted for Gosport Voluntary ActionBack to Search Results Register your Interest
Come and join our Team!
Would you like to spend a few hours each week helping to fundraise for the vital services provided by Gosport Voluntary Action (GVA)?
A bit about GVA and this role
As a local charity, we are able to help Gosport Borough residents each year thanks to the generous donations we receive
from members of the public. Our fundraising volunteers will have the exciting
and varied role of helping plan and deliver local fundraising events to raise
the vital funds needed to help our Gosport residents. Our fundraising
volunteers will use their passion for helping the residents of
Gosport to plan cake sales, barn dances, quiz nights and everything in between.
What can you expect to be doing?
· - Planning fundraising events and
activities like cake sales, quiz nights and barn dances
· - Providing the Fundraising Manager with information on funds raised from fundraising events
· - Encouraging and promoting a professional image of Gosport Voluntary Action
· - Following policies and guidelines and ensuring licences and permits are obtained for events
What are the benefits for you?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of Gosport residents by helping raise funds through events.
You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated group of volunteers.
It can also be a great way to enhance your CV and encourage prospective employers to notice that you have used your free time, skills and expertise in a way to benefit others.
We’re looking for someone with
· - Good organisational skills
· - Strong interpersonal skills (do you like chatting to people?)
· - The ability to prioritise and delegate
· - An appreciation of the importance of handling money and charity resources responsibly
· - Knowledge of your local community
Our fundraising volunteers would usually spend two
to three hours per week in this role, which is flexible and can be shared by
more than one volunteer.
At Gosport Voluntary Action we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. To make sure this is the case, we provide support and guidance both remotely and face to face (whatever is your preferred preference). We also offer varied online and face-to-face training and have wide-ranging policies covering all aspects of volunteering. We hope the support we provide will ensure our volunteers have a great experience with Gosport Voluntary Action.
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 01/12/2021
End Date: 30/11/2022
Our fundraising volunteers would usually be asked to spend two to three hours per week in this role, which is flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer. There might be some weekend days when help might be required, but this would be arranged in advance and on a flexible basis.