Fundraising Public Speaker
Posted for Muscular Dystrophy UKBack to Search Results Register your Interest
As a Fundraising public speaker you will represent Muscular Dystrophy UK at events and meetings. You will be confident in speaking about the cause and the work of the charity and you will develop relationships with key supporters and individuals as part of the process. Raising awareness of who we are and what we do is very important to the charity so we are looking for a proactive volunteer who will seek out speaking opportunities and make asks on behalf of the charity to attend events where further awareness can be raised.
Specific tasks may include;
• Attending events and meetings on behalf of Muscular Dystrophy UK. The events and activities the charity is invited to vary from large conferences or fundraising balls through to other fundraising activities such as supporter coffee mornings, quiz nights and cheque presentation opportunities
• Delivering key messages about Muscular Dystrophy UK. Speaking about muscular dystrophy and the work of the charity in fighting muscle disease
• Recognising opportunities to exchange contact details and develop relationships
• Feeding back to the Regional Development Manager on events, key individuals and any actions to be followed up
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for Under 18's
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Frequency: Ad hoc Minimum period: 1 year Maximum period: 2 years (can be extended)
This opportunity has no specific location.