Fundraising Group Co-ordinator
Posted for Muscular Dystrophy UKBack to Search Results Register your Interest
We are looking to build Fundraising Groups across the UK, these groups who will consist of between 3-8 people will help us extend our reach by fundraising, attending talks and presentations, creating local networks and building awareness of the charity and how we can help people living with a muscle wasting condition all within their community
The role of the FG Co-ordinator is to work with the Regional Development team to help us get this project off the ground, you will often have catch ups with the team on a one to one basis and support with admin tasks to help us gather and collate information needed to ask people to join a group.
Along with the other staff and volunteers you'll be a core part of the local MDUK community, meeting new people and making a difference to those living with a muscle wasting condition.
What you’ll be doing:
• Researching communities identified by the Regional Development manager that look good to start a group, helping us to get a better understanding of the area by
o Looking at fundraising that already happened in the community
o What community groups are active such as Rotary, WI, church, young farmers etc.
o What local opportunities are there such as car shows, fetes, festivals etc.
• Collating your research and compiling this for each group that we set up
• Work with your Regional Development managers and the Senior Regional Development manager to discuss findings and next steps.
• Make calls/emails to prospective group members to invite them to the initial meeting to find out more about the group opportunities
• keeping up to date about the news and developments of MDUK
• be an enthusiastic MDUK ambassador for the project
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for Under 18's
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Frequency: at least one day a week (can be split over days) Min period: no min period Max period: N/A
This opportunity is available Countywide.