Customer Service Volunteer
Posted for British Red CrossBack to Search Results Register your Interest
If you enjoy being in an office environment, are compassionate and like meeting people then this could be the role for you. Volunteers like you provide people in their local community with wheelchairs and other equipment to help them get moving again after an illness or injury. Whether it is to help take a relative out, or take a child to school, it makes a difficult and distressing time a little bit easier. Spread the power of kindness with us and help make sure that everyone who needs one can get a wheelchair.
Why we want you:
We need volunteers like you so that everyone who needs one can get a wheelchair.
Each year we hire or loan out over 75,000 wheelchairs to help people to get around after an injury or illness. In this role you will be welcoming customers and helping them to get moving again.
What you will be doing:
- Giving a warm welcome to customers visiting or phoning us.
- Helping people wanting to hire a wheelchair or other equipment.
- Using a computer-based stock control system.
- Showing people how to use equipment.
- Taking payments/donations.
What's in it for you:
- Meet new people and be part of a dynamic and inclusive team.
- A great opportunity to use your existing skills or gain new ones.
- An opportunity to be part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation and the knowledge that you are making a positive difference to people’s lives.
- All training and induction for the role.
- Reasonable pre-agreed travel expenses for the role including for attending training
The skills you need:
- Physically able to safely lift or move wheelchairs or other mobility equipment.
- Some customer service experience is desirable.
- Enjoy meeting people and good people skills.
- Able to work independently and in a team.
- Good IT skills
- Able to commit to a regular shift on a weekly basis.
Not 100% sure.
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Reasonable pre-agreed travel expenses for the role including for attending training.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for Under 18's
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 21/01/2021
End Date: 31/03/2022