Campaigns and Communications Champion
Posted for Citizens Advice GosportBack to Search Results Register your Interest
By using evidence that we get from our clients, you could help bring about changes in local and national policies and services which can benefit everyone – even those who have never used a local Citizens Advice before.
As a Campaigns and Communications Champion with Citizens Advice Gosport you will:
- Fill out and gather evidence forms which explain the detail of what our clients come to us about
- Find out and raise relevant issues within the Gosport office
- Support other members of our team in finding out about issues and completing evidence forms
- Undertake research and write reports
- Get involved in media campaigning, including writing press releases
- Work with other Citizens Advice offices on issues of national concern.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
- Understand of the importance of research and campaigns work
- Have an understanding of equality, diversity and discrimination and its application to research and campaigns work.
- An ability to commit to and work within the aims, principles and policies of the Citizens Advice service.
- Ability to develop and maintain systems and procedures to support research and campaigns work.
- Ability to use IT systems and packages
- Ability to devise, implement, monitor and evaluate a research and campaigns plan.
- Ability to work sensitively with clients.
- Ability to research, analyse and interpret complex information.
- Communication and presentation skills, with the ability to produce and present effective information, reports and briefings etc verbally and in writing.
- Ability to contribute to research and campaigns training.
- Ability to plan, deliver and evaluate a campaign.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work on own initiative, within given guidelines.
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for Under 18's
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Training & meetings will be held at our office in Martin Snape House, however, we are happy for work to be undertaken from the applicant's home.
This opportunity has no specific location.