Autism Health & Well Being Support Assistant
Posted for Autism Hampshire.Back to Search Results Register your Interest
- Would you like to help an autistic adult access community groups and activities to improve their health and well being.
You will be require meet, reassure and assist an autistic community member who has requested a volunteer. To advocate for the member if requested. To remain calm and create a sense of calmness for the individual.
You will also be required to support the member on completion of group/activity and make any necessary enquiries on their behalf.
Liaise with the volunteer team leader to develop the service and provide feedback to the project team without breaking confidentiality
You will not be required to transport the member to and from activities/groups, however, it would be an advantage to have your own transport but not essential.
- Understand and support individuals, in a way that enables and empowers them
- Advocate when necessary, using a person centred approach
- Create a calm and welcome environment
- Previous support of people with additional needs
- Ability to use IT to a level to support others
- Autism and other spectrum disorders
- Understand sensory sensitivities (hyper and hypo)
- Equality and Diversity
- Health and Safety
NB: Additional training will be given in these areas if required.
- DBS check required
Must be over 18
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for Under 18's
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
There are no specific number of hours required for this position, however, we do require you to be committed if you are allocated to a member of the community for continuity.
This opportunity has no specific location.