Ambassador Gosport & Fareham area
Posted for Home-Start HampshireBack to Search Results Register your Interest
Home-Start Hampshire is a voluntary organisation committed to promoting the welfare of families with children age 0-11 years. Family Support Volunteers offer regular support and help to families under stress either in their own homes or at family groups, helping to prevent family crisis and breakdown. Because childhood can’t wait.
In addition to Family Support Volunteers, Home-Start Hampshire also relies on the support of our Community Team, a group of volunteers committed to raising awareness of Home-Start Hampshire throughout the communities we serve, raise much needed funds and help to build and strengthen community relations.
- Network in the local community to promote Home-Start Hampshire and its services (promote to your friends, family members, your church those at your sports club or work colleague or other groups such as Lions, Rotary)
- Arrange, attend, and give talks to local groups about Home-Start Hampshire, sharing information about the work we do and how they can get involved with supporting us (we have standard presentation materials for you to use and usually buddy you with a longer-standing volunteer)
- Attend pre-arranged events on behalf of Home-Start Hampshire, e.g., recruitment fairs, summer fetes, Christmas fairs, sporting challenges as a competitor or moral support cheerleader!
- Join a local team to support the organisation of an event(s) to raise funds for Home-Start Hampshire
- Support the Business Development team to identify business, or community groups to provide funds, gifts in-kind and those open to sponsorship opportunities
- Build relationships with organisations and individuals within the local community or undertake research for other to take forward
- Identify PR opportunities and build relationships accordingly
- Work collaboratively with the wider Community team to share ideas, skills and where applicable, run joint events in local areas across Hampshire.
Volunteer skills, attitudes, and motivations:
Enthusiasm – we are looking for new and innovative ways to raise funds and to engage local supporters
Commitment – we ask that our Community Team volunteers can offer reliability, dependability, and work as a trusted member of a team
Time – able to give their time to the activity or event from beginning to end
Passion - for the ethos of Home-Start Hampshire, understand the needs of parents, the vital importance of children’s early years and positive mental health for all the family
Sensitive and caring attitude - towards others, able to work with a non-judgemental attitude, including positive attitude to working with people of any gender, family status or sexual identity, ethnic origin, culture, or religion, or who may have a disability
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for Under 18's
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 25/03/2021
End Date: 25/03/2022
This opportunity has no specific location.