Volunteer Awards 2020
Nominations are open!
The 2020 Gosport Volunteer Awards are open now and nominations can be made through the online forms below. The Awards are organised by Gosport Voluntary Action and supported by Gosport Borough Council and are a way of thanking our wonderful volunteers for the time, effort and dedication they give to the local community.
Generally an organisation will nominate their own volunteers, however, volunteers who are not part of an organisation can be nominated by individuals. Every volunteer nominated, who meets the criteria, will receive a Volunteer Award and will be invited to attend the Volunteer Awards Evening on Wednesday 3 June 2020 at the Jervis Gallery, St Vincent College. Volunteers who do not wish to attend will be sent their certificates in the post.
To nominate your volunteers, please follow the steps below and make sure your nominations have been submitted by Friday 27 March 2020.
Please make sure you enter the details for the volunteer you are nominating accurately, including their name (we will spell their name on the certificate as you have entered it), and their email address (this is where we will send their invitation). If the volunteer doesn’t use email, please note this on the form and we will send a printed invite by post.
You will receive a system generated email providing you with a copy of the information submitted within your online forms. Please make sure you enter your email address correctly to receive the notification email.
We will be creating a photo slideshow, which celebrates volunteering in Gosport, to display on the Volunteer Awards Evening and ask that each organisation submits up to 10 photos for this purpose. We will also share the slideshow via social media and on our website and you would be very welcome to use and share should you wish to do so. The photos we use need to be good quality, high resolution photos, which you have permission to use. Please see instructions below and we thank you for your valuable input in creating the celebratory slideshow and look forward to receiving your photos!
To nominate your volunteers, please:
- Read through the criteria for nomination here.
- Complete ONE nominator form here
- Complete a nominee form for EACH volunteer you would like to nominate here
- Email good quality, high resolution photos you would like included in the slideshow on the awards evening (up to 10 per organisation), as well as your logo to email@example.com. If the files are large you may like to use a file transfer service such as WeTransfer or FileChimp.
- For individual nominees only (where volunteers are not attached to an organisation), please also email two references to firstname.lastname@example.org
This year, the Awards Evening will be held during Volunteers Week on the evening of Wednesday the 3rd June 2020 at the Jervis Gallery at St Vincent College.
Let’s Celebrate our Volunteers!