If your organisation needs help with the recruitment of volunteers, take the opportunity to use Go Volunteer to get access to your local volunteer database.
Our service includes brokerage, marketing and good practice development.
- Matching both individuals and groups interested in volunteering with appropriate opportunities in the local community
- Brokering volunteering opportunities in whichever way is most appropriate using a range of mediums
- Providing a personal service to advise on appropriate opportunities
- Promoting volunteering as a two-way process that benefits organisations and individuals
- Promoting volunteering and specific volunteering opportunities online, through printed publicity materials, local media, special events and outreach activities
- Supporting local and national volunteering campaigns (e.g. National Student Volunteering Week,Volunteers’ Week, Make a Difference Day)
Good practice development
- Providing good quality information on developing high quality volunteer opportunities, volunteer recruitment and management to organisations; including the development of policies, screening, insurance and compliance with the legislation
- Extending the reach and impact of volunteering locally, reflecting the needs and diversity of the local community
- Providing resources for best practice, training or signposting training opportunities
- Helping volunteers and organisations to resolve problems when things go wrong or relationships break down