Help for Groups
Gosport Voluntary Action’s Community Engagement Team provide support, advice, information and practical help for groups in Gosport, to help them get started or move forward with new ideas and projects.
We can help with:
- Setting up Groups
- Best Practice Advice on policies and procedures
- Funding Information
- Volunteer Recruitment
- Networking Opportunities
- Training Opportunities
- Applications to the Charity Commission
The team works in partnership with a variety of local groups and statutory agencies, including:
- Gosport Borough Council
- Hampshire County Council
- Housing Associations
- Community Associations
- Local Churches and Faith Groups
- Fareham and Gosport Clinical Commissioning Group
- Hampshire Constabulary
- Hampshire Fire and Rescue
We also represent the voluntary sector at strategic level in many different settings, making sure that community and voluntary groups have a voice at this level.
The Community Engagement Team works with groups to identify training needs to help deliver appropriate learning opportunities. We are made aware of opportunities through some of our sister agencies across the county. For more information please see our training page.
GVA has a wide membership of voluntary and community groups.
Hampshire CVS Network: New Online Directory of Digital Resources
Keeping up to date with what’s new on the internet or digitally is a full-time job, and there are new products and offers becoming available for charities and not-for-profit organisations all the time. The Hampshire CVS Network Resources Directory can help you narrow down your search, and perhaps introduce you to some resources you were not aware of.
This directory specifically focuses on products and support that you can access online, and includes some that are specific to the Hampshire voluntary, community and social enterprise sector.
Some of the categories covered in the Resources Directory will help you:
• Collect donations/direct debits online
• Manage contacts with your members and supporters
• Allow you to advertise yourself to prospective funders and donors
• Access new software and digital services at a fraction of the commercial cost
• Create web-pages or web presence for your organisation
• Quickly link to practical information about setting up and running a not-for-profit organisation
Get in Touch
If you have a question and you can’t find the answer on our website then get in touch and request a call back from a member of the team.