Gosport Walking for Health Walk Leader Training
We are pleased to announce that we are holding Walk Leader Training for volunteers who wish to lead walks in the Gosport Walking for Health scheme as well as for our new Walking Past project (funded by the Heritage Fund). The free training will take place on Monday 25 November 2019 at Gosport Voluntary Action, Martin Snape House, Gosport, PO12 1FG.
If you are thinking of training to become a Volunteer Walk Leader you will need to be over 18 and:
- have a great enthusiasm for walking and share Walking for Health’s vision of everyone having access to a short, free and friendly walk
- be prepared to lead health walks in line with best practice procedures (as covered in the Walk Leader training)
- be committed to lead walks for Gosport Walking for Health scheme and/or the Walking Past scheme
- be physically able to assist or lead in the delivery of health walks and/or heritage walks
- be happy to stay in contact with Gosport Walking for Health for updates and refreshers when required
- be open minded and willing to support a diverse range of people to become more active through walking
- additionally, if you would like to become a Walking Past Walk Leader then you should have some knowledge and a keen interest in the local heritage.
If this sounds like you, then the first step is to sign up below to the training on the 25 November. Before attending the training we suggest you attend a Gosport Walking for Health walk as a participant. To view our current walk programme please click here.
The training day is a full day (9.45am until 4pm) and will include going on a short guided walk, led by the Trainers.
After the training day, you will need to shadow a Walk Leader at least once, and then lead a walk with a current Walk Leader observing you to become a fully fledged Volunteer Walk Leader. The time it takes to do this is completely up to you.
If you have any questions about the training or becoming a Walk Leader, please contact Emma Kemp, Gosport Walking for Health Coordinator by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 02392 583836.