Employee volunteering is where staff donate time and skills during work hours to help local charities. It is an effective and powerful way for businesses to invest in their people and local communities.
What are the benefits?
- Increase customer retention
- Develop and enhance relationships with customers, suppliers and networks
- Attract, retain and maintain a happy workforce and be an Employer of Choice
- Differentiate yourself from your competitors
- Generate positive publicity and media opportunities due to media interest in ethical business activities
88% of consumers said they were more likely to buy from a company that supports and engages in activities to improve society.Better Business Journey, UK Small Business Consortium
Make a real difference to voluntary organisations by helping them to accomplish tasks that they do not have the resources to achieve;
- Cost savings
- Improved facilities or services
- Acquiring new business skills
- Raising local awareness of the work done by voluntary groups
- Recruitment of regular volunteers and Trustees
- Building long-term relationships with local companies
Find out more
For more information on how Gosport Voluntary Action might help you to involve your business in the community, please see below or contact Mandy Bright, our Community Engagement Manager on email@example.com or 02392 604690.