Gosport Voluntary Action (GVA), a registered Charity, is the umbrella body (Council of Voluntary Action) for Gosport and surrounding areas. It provides help and support to over 200 local, voluntary and community groups in the Borough, that need help with governance issues, finding funding, recruiting and managing volunteers and accessing training. It also represents member group interests at a wide range of strategic meetings.
GVA also is passionate about improving the quality of life for all residents of Gosport but in particular those with disabilities or who are disadvantaged in some way.
Is to support local people to provide services and help to residents so that they can lead healthy and enjoyable lives and to strengthen the voluntary and community sector so that it can thrive and make a difference to those who live and work in Gosport.
Inclusivity – we value diversity and will strive to ensure that opportunities are open to all. We treat all our clients, customers and members with respect and courtesy.
Integrity – we are open and honest and do all we can to put the interest of our members, volunteers and the wider voluntary sector first.
Innovation – we pride ourselves on being creative about trying out new ideas in order to meet changing needs in the community by running pilots or testing new ways of delivering services.
Collaboration – we work with our partners, our member organisations and wider stakeholders to achieve the best possible results we can.
We are an independent membership organisation who believes that we are all stronger by working together.
We welcome new members and their involvement in our work. Membership is free to voluntary and community organisations who operate in the areas that we serve.
- Support Services (Older & Vulnerable People) – including the Befriending Scheme, an Advocacy Scheme, Mend & Tend (a home maintenance service) and Dustbusters (a domestic cleaning service)
- Driving Force – our transport service for older people
- Community Engagement – support, advice and practical help for groups
- Go Volunteer – our volunteer support team
- Supported Volunteering – for those who need extra help to get into volunteering
- Loud & Proud – our volunteer group for young people aged 16 – 25
- Gosport Community Lottery
- Gosport Walking for Health – an accredited Healthy Walk scheme
Our Annual Reports are available here.
2019 – 2020 Whole AGM report 2019 – 2020
2018 – 2019 Whole AGM report 2018 – 2019
2017- 2018 Whole AGM report 2017-2018
2016-2017 Whole AGM report 2016 2017
2015-2016 Whole AGM report 2015-2016